Re: Applying CPU to RAC with physical standby

From: S. Anthony Sequeira <tony_at_sequeira.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:46:47 +0100

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 10:58 +0200, Carel-Jan Engel wrote:
> Are you trying to ask whether a rolling upgrade is possible?
>
> If so, the answer is NO.
> Despite attempts from Oracle to redefine the meaning of 'rolling
> upgrade', update a system without any downtime for the application is
> not possible.

Hi Carel-Jan,

No I'm asking whether it's possible to apply the patch with at least one node servicing the database, as I did for the pre-production database, with a short downtime for the recompile views post-installation step. Unfortunately this doesn't seem possible with a standby database involved.

Regards.

--
S. Anthony Sequeira
++