RE: Win32 10.2.0.4 Patch Hosed?

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:35:48 -0700

I downloaded it yesterday (Wednesday 21 May 2008) and all the patch files seemed to be present in the archive. I used Winzip to extract the files. I did have one issue but I'm sure it's unrelated to your issue - when I used the right-click option to open the .zip file, Winzip "froze", but when I ran Winzip from the Start Menu and then opened the file, Winzip successfully opened the file.

What bugs me is that I had to download the whole thing just to update the 10.2.0.1 client on my client machine. Why don't they make a 10.2.0.4 client installer?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of JApplewhite_at_austinisd.org Sent: jeudi, 22. mai 2008 13:32
To: oracle-l
Cc: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
Subject: Win32 10.2.0.4 Patch Hosed?

Has anyone successfully downloaded and unzipped the p6810189_10204_Win32.zip file? I've downloaded that 986MB file from Metalink twice via Firefox and ftp'd it from updates.oracle.com once - no errors reported at any time. Every time I try to unzip it, the only file that I see and all that gets extracted is README.html. What's with that?

On this same new XP PC I've successfully downloaded, unzipped, and installed the 9.2.0.1, 9.2.0.8, 10.2.0.1, and 10.2.0.2 client patchsets, so I'm fairly confident that my XP environment is OK.

Am I an idiot? If not, is there a solution?

Thanks.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin I.S.D.
414.9715 (phone) / 935.5929 (pager)