Re: Not as straightforward as it would appear: [exec] [java] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

From: Mark Strickland <>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:34:16 -0700

This is a follow-up to say that I applied patch #5686711 six days ago and the problem hasn't appeared since. I should add that Jeremiah pointed me in the direction of this patch along with another similar one which we had already applied in all of our environments. Bug #5686711 was unpublished, however, so I had to rely on Oracle Support to provide more information about the bug so that I could determine if what we were seeing matched the symptoms of the bug.