RE: dbms_support and not getting an explain plan

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:36:53 -0700

I have the same problem pretty frequently - it applies to all 10046 traces, whether you get it from event 10046, sql_trace=true, dbms_support, etc. and I think it comes from tkprof not being able to properly sort out multiple queries with the same cursor number when there are multiple sessions for the same process so they're written to a single trace file.

I think all you can do is go into the raw trace file and get the plan directly from the STAT lines. You might be able to edit the raw trace file and manually remove all other queries using the same cursor number and then run tkprof again and see if that works, but that could be a pretty tedious process.

Regards,
Brandon