how to set parallel_max_servers without running PQ within out apps

From: Fedock, John \(KAM.RIC\) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:18:13 -0400

For streams, we need to set parallel_max_servers to > 1.

I made sure all tables and indexes have parallel set to 1 and then set the above parameter.

Normal, homegrown queries started running in parallel. How can this happen if the degree is 1 for all objects?

Is there a way to set parallel_max_servers > 1 for streams, and not have PQ option running on our application objects?

This is a 2 node RAC, HP-UX system running 10.2.0.3.

TIA,'     John

John Fedock

"K" Line America, ISD Department