RE: concepts document part about separating indexes and tablspaces

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 16:54:01 +0800

The 10.2 Performance Tuning Guide, Chapter 8, section 8.2.2

<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/iodesign.htm#sthref528>http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/iodesign.htm#sthref528

does say
"One popular approach to manual I/O distribution suggests separating a frequently used table from its index. This is not correct. "

At 02:26 AM Friday, Bobak, Mark wrote:
>If it says that, someone should file a documentation bug to get it fixed.
>
>-Mark
>
>--
>Mark J. Bobak
>Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

Hemant K Chitale

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html