Re: sqlplus connection from unix with and without the oracle sid

From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:33:42 +0530

Hello Ricks,

Actually there are many database running on the unix server you are logging in. to see how many databses are running in your unix server issue "ps -ef |grep lgwr" . Now suppose you want to login to a database for ex:- 'xxxx' and you have username and password for the database you are logging in.

steps:-
1. After you login to your unix machine. 2. . oraenv
here you need to enter the database you want to login to say xxxx 3. sqlplus username/password
4. You are done and you have logged in xxxx database as your username or passsword.

Note:- If there is only one database running on your machine then some times it takes by default.

Hope this helps.....

Thanks
Nilesh

--
Soni
Temples & Softwares are more or less the same, first we build them and then