Re: concepts document part about separating indexes and tablspaces

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <riyaj.shamsudeen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:44:11 -0500

This is also mentioned in this note *148342.1 with last revision date as ** 18-SEP-2007.

*
  • Separating Tables and Indexes

  Tables that are joined ( simultaneously accessed during a query) often should   have their data and index separated. The following example shows a table join   and one possible solution for managing the data:

  Select COL1, COL2 ....
  from CUST_HEADER, CUST_DETAIL
  where ...;

  Data management solution:

  Disk1: CUST_HEADER Table
  Disk2: CUST_HEADER Index
  Disk3: CUST_DETAIL Table
  Disk4: CUST_DETAIL Index

  The preceding solution allows the table join to be done while accessing   four different disks and controllers. Separate data and index files onto   different physical disks and controllers; consequently, when tables and   indexes are accessed at the same time, they will not be accessing the   same physical disks.

I GIVE UP ;-(

--
Cheers
Riyaj Shamsudeen