Re: recover standby database failure

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:00:39 +1000

as normal behaviour I would not expect to see. You should be able to open at all times.

ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error below
ORA-01195: online backup of file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent ORA-01110: data file 1: '/home/oracle/standby/system01.dbf'

My guess is the hot backup was done w/o putting the database in backup mode

Jack

On 15/05/2008, Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> If I'm understanding you correctly then this is normal behaviour. It
> means the database has been recovered up until the most recent
> available archive log. I haven't set up a manual standby db since
> Oracle 7.1 so I'm not sure about this, but I would think at this point
> you just type "cancel", wait for more archive logs to arrive and then
> "recover automatic standby database;" again. Repeat.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Finn
>

> On 5/14/08, Michael Mitchell <mike.mitchell_at_etouchpoint.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to build a physical standby server and have been following an
> > article I found at
> > 'http://www.dbasupport.com/oracle/ora10g/manual_standby.shtml'.
> > Everything is great until I execute the recover command.
> >
> > Here is the back ground info:
> > - Two Linux (Centos 5) servers
> > - Oracle Standard Edition version 10.2.0g on both servers (we're young
> and
> > poor :)
> > - Both database servers were installed at the same time with the same
> values
> > (SID etc...)
> > - The primary database is configured for ARCHIVELOG
> > - I've done a hot backup of all tablespaces in the database where the
> > 'included_in_database_backup' value is set to 'YES' (select name from
> > v$tablespace where included_in_database_backup = 'YES';)
> > - I've built a standby controlfile
> > - Set the conversion parameters in the standby servers pfile to point to
> the
> > correct location for database (.dbf) archives (.arc) files
> >
> > The problem occurs on the 'recover standby database' command where I get
> the
> > following errors 'Linux Error: 2: No such file of directory' on an
> archive
> > file that isn't part of the archive set. (See the full output below)
> > - There are 7 archive files in the standby's archivelog directory (arch2
> -
> > arch8) but the recover command keeps looking for the 8th arch file which
> > doesn't exist on the primary.
> >
> > Here's the full transcript from command. Note that the directory path is
> as
> > expected and the archive file naming convention is correct, it's just
> > looking for a file that I don't seem to have yet.
> > Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and I thank you all in
> advance,
> >
> > Mike

J.A. van Zanen