RE: recover standby database failure

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:38:18 -0600

I would have to be

To have it run the background: recover managed standby database disconnect from session;

To cancel: recover managed standby database cancel; To execute in current session: recover managed standby database; -- (command would block).

Or at the least that is how I have done it. I haven't looked at the newer commands and capabilities. If you monitor the alert log it will indicate the wait for the next archive log and an apply when you switch logs in the primary. Recover automatic would/should give the same error.

The error as you said is what would be expected since it is attempting and unbounded recovery.

-Krish