RE: Auto shutdown of Oracle for Windows reboot

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry. I didn't read your email carefully.

I just did a pure Windows test. Created c:\temp\test.bat that just has 3 lines: time /t >> c:\temp\test
sleep 300
time /t >> c:\temp\test
Launched gpedit.msc and added this file to Computer config -> Windows -> Scripts -> Shutdown. I typed the command shutdown -r -t 0. The test file is immediately created in c:\temp. Five minutes later, the system shutdown. During the shutdown period, the console (not terminal service window) says "Running shutdown script". So it appears shutdown.exe does run the group policy Windows shutdown script.

When you run shutdown.exe, do you see "Running shutdown script" on console?

Yong Huang