filesystemio_options setting

From: John Smith <>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:19:17 -0500

Hi. We are running oracle on our test evironment in suse 9. Emc symmetrix storage. I was going over the settings and discovered that filesystemio_options was not set (no value given). I changed it to setall per the Oracle documentation for Linux. Shortly after that, our queries suddenly started running longer, and the culprit appears to be disk IO.

I understood that this setting could not cause a problem, and all the Oracle documentation I could find said to set this value to setall in I unset the value and the problem went away. Can someone shed some light on this?