Re: replication question

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 12:54:02 -0400

Agreed, there would be steep learning curve if someone is not familiar with the internals of a streams architecture and will be overwhelming initially.

Anyways, to focus on the performance aspect of it..

  1. How much change/redo would be generated say - per minute/second. You can always conduct a throughput test during your "peak" times and find out.
  2. If a single queue does not satisfy the throughput requirements, you can test w/multiple queues for the rac databases.
  3. What is the bandwidth of your network pipe between the coasts ? how much can it accommodate reasonably without dropping packets (if at all) ?
  4. Do you have any ways to isolate the application into logically cohesive sub-domains where staggering of change application might prevent some aspects of network choking.