insufficient privileges when creating a trigger

From: <genegurevich_at_discover.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 17:21:08 -0500

Hello:

I am getting the following error when trying to create a trigger:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER ALT_ID_ASSIGN BEFORE INSERT ON USM_USER

                                                         *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

I have granted select and DML privileges on the USM_USER table to the ID I am logged in as,
I have granted create trigger to this ID as well and created a synonyms USM_USER pointing to
the table. When I login as the User who actually owns the USM_USER table, trigger is being
created without issues. I have opened an SR with Oracle 5 days ago with no progress so far.
I am running oracle 9208. Is there anything else that I should look at which could explain this error?

thank you

Gene Gurevich