Re: Automatic Memeory Management - Max value for Dynamic Component

From: Yong Huang <>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 14:58:21 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there a way to restrict the maximum value a dynamic component can grow
> to? I am interested to restrict the max value for Shared_pool. Now, only way

Shiva, if you want to directly restrict its size instead of setting db_cache_size to its minimum value (another great idea!), try _shared_pool_max_size. It's available in 10gR1 and up.

Yong Huang

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ