Re: global pragma exception init

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 14:24:29 -0400

ok i have an idea and since this is NOT the lazydba list and I feel more intelligent people are here.

I don't recommend this as I have rarely tinkered with scripts in
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin. I did many moons ago to fix a logminer bug BUT

how about editing:

$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/stdspec.sql and in the section for predefined
exceptions, add what you want.

What this will break I have no idea :)

Joe

You can have it: Fast, Right or Cheap, pick 2 of the 3. Fast + Right is Expensive
Fast + Cheap will be incorrect.
Right + Cheap will take a while.

"dd yakkali" <dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com>

05/09/2008 02:04 PM
Please respond to dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com

From
"dd yakkali" <dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com>
oracle-l_at_freelists.org
cc

Subject
global pragma exception init

Is there any way to create a global pragma excetpion init list in PL/SQL

For example I have this in a package spec.

insert_null_into_notnull
EXCEPTION;
PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT (insert_null_into_notnull, -1400); update_null_to_notnull
EXCEPTION;
PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT (update_null_to_notnull, -1407);

i do not want do define them in every package/procedure/function, I want them defined at one place and want every package/procedure/function to use them. Is there any to achieve this? I am not a PL/SQL expert, so pardon my ignorance.

thanks
Deen