RE: Patches for Dataguard on top of 10.2.0.3

From: Goulet, Dick <richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 11:11:26 -0400

Fairlie,

            Take a look at patch P5118272. It has to do with memory allocated within the SGA for IPC messages between the Oracle processes. It can cause LWGR to crash the instance with an ORA-00600[1433] if you loose contact with the DR site or the DR site gets behind badly enough. BTW: this patch in included in the 10.2.0.4 patchset which has been released.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com Fax: 508.229.2019 / Email: richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com 45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of fairlie rego Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:32 PM
To: Oracle-L
Subject: Patches for Dataguard on top of 10.2.0.3

Hi all,

Conifguration

Dataguard with Physical Standby and real time apply in Max performance mode between two 8 node RAC clusters

Platform Sun Sparc Solaris 64 bit
Oracle 10.2.0.3 + 25 one off patches (the application uses most Oracle features )
Transaction rate: 600 tps

I am setting up Dataguard and would like to know if there are any "must have" patches in regards to MRP, switchover etc for the above config.

I am aware of DG bundle patches and bundle patchset 1 which was released in August 2007.
If any of you have come across a latter bundle and have had to apply it please let me know

Thanks much
Fairlie

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant