Bind variables and function based index

From: Kumar Madduri <>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:54:31 -0700

Is there any restriction with bind variables and function based indexes. I noticed that if I have literals fbi is being used but if I replace that with bind variables then fbi is not used. DB version is You cant seem to force it to use FBI through hints also. As I am investigating this, I thought of posting here to see if there are any known issues or restrictions that prevent function based indexes usage with bind variables. QUERY_REWRITE_INTEGRITY is set to trusted and query_rewrite_enabled is true.

thank you
- kumar