From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 13:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

The "Cage" solution is not uncommon from what I've seen. I've also seen situations where you could go in but you were always escorted. In a couple of cases, I've seen that a limited number of employees (say 2-5) were allowed but they had to go through background checks. DIck is right though, security is paramount.

I know CSX in Jacksonville, Fl. was at one time looking to do hosting in their data center. That was years ago, and I don't know if that is still the case, but you might talk to them. They had a heck of a facility.

The problem with data guard, at that distance, could be latency.

 Robert G. Freeman
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: (Oracle Press)