Re: TAF FUN - Call me crazy

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 13:09:00 -0400

It sounds like the client you're using (Windows SQL*Plus?) is using the ORGINAL connection information to pass on to TAF when it's disconnected and discounts subsequent connects. I would consider this a bug, whether it's in the client or SQLNET.

Realistically, who has an app that does what you did, though? I wonder if a Perl script that first connects to one database, is disconnected and failed over, then drops that connection and opens another to a different database, if that would behave the same way?

Finn