RE: [Q] ORACLE support bilk insert like SQL server??

From: Goulet, Dick <richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:18:26 -0400

So you mea an external file of the following format:

Insert into <table>

Values (A,B,C,D);

Insert into <table>

Values (A,B,C,D);

Insert into <table>

Values (A,B,C,D);

Insert into <table>

Values (A,B,C,D);

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com <http://www.capgemini.com>
Fax: 508.229.2019 / Email: richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com 45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

From: dba1 mcc [mailto:mccdba1_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 11:49 AM
To: Goulet, Dick; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: [Q] ORACLE support bilk insert like SQL server??

What I want is use "insert" statement read "external file" NOT PL/SQL or SQl*Loader.

"Goulet, Dick" <richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com> wrote:

In Pro*C look under Array Processing.

In PL/SQL look under Bulk Collect

In SQL*Loader look under columnarrayrows and direct path load

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com Fax: 508.229.2019 / Email: richard.goulet_at_capgemini.com 45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of dba1 mcc Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 10:46 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: [Q] ORACLE support bilk insert like SQL server??

Does any version of ORACLE support "bulk insert" like SQL server? I search on Google and can NOT find any info.

Thanks.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http:/mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62 sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http:/mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62 sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>