Re: How to get a 10053 trace on a recursive query

From: Yong Huang <>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:20:44 -0700 (PDT)

I also thought that parameter determined all recursive SQLs' optimizer mode. Now I think it probably only applies to *user* recursive SQLs, code in PL/SQL, in trigger body, etc. I tested setting it false and changed my session optimizer_mode to first_rows. The SQL inside my PL/SQL anonymous block is still first_rows. This probably means the parameter when set to false does not guaranetee different optimizer mode between SQL and user recursive SQL; they may end up to be the same.

I don't think there's a way to force *system* recursive SQLs to use a certain mode.

Yong Huang

On 4/30/08, Allen, Brandon <> wrote:
> Hi Gilles, yes that parameter is defaulted to TRUE in my
> system, but it is apparently not working so maybe it's a bug.
> _optimizer_mode_force force setting of optimizer mode
> for user recursive TRUE
> SQL also
> I'll try changing it at the session level and see if it makes any
> difference.
> Thanks,
> Brandon

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ