Re: Oracle Application Server Admin

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 23:00:00 +0800

Check whether the /etc/hosts entry also has been configured on the standby server.

At 05:55 AM Friday, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>We are trying to test the recovery for our soon-to-be-live new
>version of Portal. The host is named the same as the source machine
>inside a firewall and the recovered db and listener started just
>fine (10.1.04 on Solaris 5.9).
>
>When we try to start opmnctl, we get:
>
>opmnctl: starting opmn and all managed processes...
>Failed to get IP for -a (2)
>Failed to get IP for -a (2)
>Failed to get IP for -a (2)
>opmnctl: opmn start failed
>
>Anyone have any ideas where to look? Metalink and Google are coming
>up pretty lean.

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html