Re: Is it possible to add existing datafiles to an oracle database?

From: Peter Teoh <>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 13:49:53 +0800

On 4/25/08, Srinivas Chintamani <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I ended up with a crashed Oracle db, which refuses to start. I have all the
> datafiles for this database and was wondering if it is possible to somehow
> "Load / Import" the data in these datafiles into another working database.
> If yes, it will save me quite a lot of re-work. Can somebody help me on
> this please ....
> --
> Regards,
> Srinivas Chintamani

As suggested by someone else on this list, Oracle has a tool called DUL, to extract the data from the datafiles without Oracle starting up. Alternatively, there are 3rd party tools like:

Or a few others as listed here:

  • Bernard's Data UnLoader
  • AnySQL UnLoader (AUL)
  • Oracle Salvage
  • OracleRecovery
  • Recovery for Oracle
  • MyDUL
Sorry, I know nothing about them. Does anyone know any opensource tools that can do this?
Peter Teoh