RE: init.ora parameter to log errors to the alert log

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:48:24 -0400

Also, I think Brandon answered your question, but on a related note, dbms_system.ksdwrt can be used to write to the alert log or trace file, explicitly. It, along with some other alert log writing functionality, is documented here: http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_system.html

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies ProQuest

ProQuest...Start here.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dennis Williams Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 12:45 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: init.ora parameter to log errors to the alert log

List,

Years ago I found a tip, you could add an entry in the init.ora file for a specific Oracle error that wouldn't normally get logged. Then when a user session encountered that error, the error would get logged in the alert log. Does anyone recall that?

Thanks,
Dennis Williams

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 30 2008 - 12:48:24 CDT