Re: Oracle out the door

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:57:00 -0700 (PDT)

I'm wondering, have they seriously analyzed the cost of this move? Licensing of Oracle might be expensive but the cost of a conversion of this magnitude...

Look at it as an opportunity. As much as I hate SQL Server, if you go that route, it will be good experience.

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: (Oracle Press)

  • Original Message ---- From: John Thompson <> To: Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:39:30 PM Subject: Oracle out the door

Company I work for just announced that we're going to convert all but 2 of our 89 Oracle databases to either SQL Server, MYSQL, or PostgreSQL. This is due to the high licensing cost. I'm bummed.