RE: Oracle out the door

From: Brady, Mark <Mark.Brady_at_Constellation.Com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:16:20 -0400

Let us know if the plan stays the same after they do the first application conversion.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Howard Latham Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:32 PM
To: jhthomp_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Oracle out the door

I would take the cross training then dont be suprised if they get problems. Some apps just use the database

as a repository I guess they will be alright.

 But anything that exploits the power of Oracle will need a rewrite or a rethink.

2008/4/29 John Thompson <jhthomp_at_gmail.com>:

Company I work for just announced that we're going to convert all but 2 of our 89 Oracle databases to either SQL Server, MYSQL, or PostgreSQL. This is due to the high licensing cost. I'm bummed.

--
Howard A. Latham

>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2 -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l