RE: Dataguard Licensing

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:08:11 -0400

That page shows feature availability. I think the discussion was about whether a feature was chargable.

From: Dan Norris [] Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 8:55 AM
To: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)
Cc:; oracle-l
Subject: Re: Dataguard Licensing

Documentation can actually be useful: .htm#CJACGHEB

Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:

        I was told by our local Oracle Reps that there is no charge for Data Guard - it is included in the EE license.

[] On Behalf Of Howard Latham

	Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 3:22 AM
	To: oracle-l
	Subject: Dataguard Licensing
	We are specing some new servers. The Oracle price list says $100
per user for dataguard yet our supplier says its included in Enterprise edition. Is Advanced DataGuard automatic log shipping to a standby database - which I could do manually or is it more than than?
	Howard A. Latham