RE: Dataguard Licensing

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:22:38 -0400

I was told by our local Oracle Reps that there is no charge for Data Guard - it is included in the EE license.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Howard Latham Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 3:22 AM
To: oracle-l
Subject: Dataguard Licensing

We are specing some new servers. The Oracle price list says $100 per user for dataguard yet our supplier says its included in Enterprise edition. Is Advanced DataGuard automatic log shipping to a standby database - which I could do manually or is it more than than?

--
Howard A. Latham