RE: Oracle Spatial

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:38:01 -0400

Oracle has a pretty good course for using their spatial software. "Easy" is a tough call. The concepts of planar geometry and spatial database theory are a bit complicated. I would say that Oracle's software is relatively easy to use in the context of a pretty challenging field of knowledge.

It depends a lot on how complex a use of Spatial features is in your immedate future.

I'd say the "fine working with" conversion rate from being a professional with relational technology to working with Oracle Spatial and Spatial data models is similar to the conversion rate from working with third generation programming languages to object oriented languages and that it varies by person.

Regards,

mwf