Re: Is it possible to add existing datafiles to an oracle database?

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 06:34:33 -0700 (PDT)

Oracle has a very expensive tool that will do this for you. I also believe there is a third party tool out there somewhere that will do this too, don't know what that costs, but I doubt it's cheap.

The question is, why wont your database come up? What kind of error are you getting? Are you sure it can not be recovered?

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)

  • Original Message ---- From: Srinivas Chintamani <srinivas.chintamani_at_gmail.com> To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 7:10:24 AM Subject: Is it possible to add existing datafiles to an oracle database?

Hi,
I ended up with a crashed Oracle db, which refuses to start. I have all the datafiles for this database and was wondering if it is possible to somehow "Load / Import" the data in these datafiles into another working database. If yes, it will save me quite a lot of re-work. Can somebody help me on this please ....

--

Regards,
Srinivas Chintamani

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 25 2008 - 08:34:33 CDT