Getting started with performance issues on Oracle for W2k3 ...

From: Srinivas Chintamani <srinivas.chintamani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:45:08 +0530

Hi All,
I am running into getting timeouts from an ASP.net web app that connects to an oracle database on W2k3. I am kind of lost on where to START to identify what is causing these problems. In general when an oracle db starts going slow, is there some kind of a check-list that I can use to zero-in on what is causing the problem.

Reading through the Oracle manuals gave me a head-ache, since the amount of material to go through is really massive. If anybody knows of any resources to this end (short and sweet), I would very much appreciate, if you can share it with me.

--

Regards,
Srinivas Chintamani

--