Re: Oracle Un-Installation doesnt Remove all files!!

From: David cheyne <david.cheyne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:34:03 +0100

Amit,

Yes, Bradd is correct.

As your probably using the installer to do it, so it cant delete its own files. . . but then doesn't tidy up all it could do anyway. If there are registry entries left behind they're usually buried under:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE.

. . .and cascade below this.

If all the services have not been removed from they are visible in:

My
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Oraclennnnnnnn

I agree with your comments, there should be some sort of final mop up script that tidies the registry and removes folders. All uninstall options always seen to be a very late thought. . . but perhaps one day!

David

--
David Cheyne

-- Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too
dark to read.
Groucho Marx