Re: dbms_shared_pool.purge

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:46:04 +1000 (EST)

I have played this a bit a few months ago and have posted my results here

  http://el-caro.blogspot.com/search?q=dbms_shared_pool.purge

  I also know of an instance where using this crashed my instance . Hence use with caution

  Thanks
  Fairlie

"Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com> wrote:

      DBMS_SHARED_POOL.PURGE() - Cool, I've been waiting a while for this.

  Thanks for the heads up Dion!

  And, thanks Oracle for responding to our enhancement requests!

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of ??? Subject: Re: Slow SQL performance

<snip>

Anyway, as of 10.2.0.4, Oracle provides a way of purge one specific cursor from shared pool. And patch for 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3 is also available. What a news. Visit metalink doc# 457309.1

Dion Cho
<snip>

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
  http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
  M: +61 402 792 405

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address..