Re: <URGENT> How do I recover when the UNDO tablespace data file is corrupt? </URGENT>

From: Hemant K Chitale <>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:21:03 +0800

If you lose an active Undo Tablespace, the presence of another Undo Tablespace doesn't help because
Instance Recovery still has to access the [lost] Undo Tablespace before the database can be opened.

At 09:28 PM Tuesday, Andrew Kerber wrote:
>I have found that one precaution to always take is to always create
>two Undo tablespaces. That way if you lose your primary, you just
>have to switch over to the secondary. It doesnt even have to be very big.
>Andrew W. Kerber
>'If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving.'

Hemant K Chitale

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes