RE: Time estimate for patches from Oracle

From: Barun, Vlado <Vlado.Barun_at_JTV.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:46:29 -0400

I was in a similar situation last year, and after escalating it to a Sev1 on the Oracle Support side, and engaging our account rep I raised it to our CIO. He had a "nice" talk with the Oracle account rep after which we got temporarily upgraded to a "critical account" and Oracle Support was a bit more responsive.

In summary, if you can't get them to respond appropriately, get the person that is paying the Oracle support bill to chat with your account rep.

And don't let your account rep tell you that he has no influence over development. If he is any good, he has the right contacts, otherwise get another account rep so that you won't have the same issue again.

Regards,

Vlado Barun, M.Sc.
Senior Enterprise Database Architect