Re: <URGENT> How do I recover when the UNDO tablespace data file is corrupt? </URGENT>

From: Srinivas Chintamani <srinivas.chintamani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:35:53 +0530

Hi All,
Thankyou very much for the inputs. I had already raised an SR with Oracle and they tried a bunch of things on the db yesterday. Finally, after about three hours of trails, they recommended me to upgrade this issue to a SEV-1; The problem is that, when I try to offline the offending the UNDO tablespace file, it cribs that no such file exists, whilst my Windows explorer SHOWS the file. Finally, we have decided to chuck the database and create a new one from scratch. This is NOT a production db and hence it is easier for us to re-create the db, instead of trying to force open or recover the db.

Regards,
Srinivas.

--
Regards,