Re: Slow SQL performance

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:32:29 -0500

Maureen,

Maybe I'm not reading your note correctly, but I don't see where you've investigated whether your test and production have the same query execution plan. I see where you seem to think it isn't using an index on the main table, but it would be better to confirm that. I would start with EXPLAIN PLAN and if that doesn't reveal a difference, I would run a 10053 trace. Only after I was confident that the same query was being executed differently would I speculate on more obscure possibilities. Also, the 10053 may help you discover why there is a difference, such as why it is not using an index.

Dennis Williams