RE: Slow SQL performance

From: Elliott, Patrick <patrick.elliott_at_medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:01:12 -0500

When you ran this query on the test system, did you run it with a full production load on the system? I would think that the problem is not missing histograms, but missing indexes. Histograms will help you to use indexes or partitions that are not being used. If you want to force a hard parse of the query, then you just issue an 'alter system flush shared_pool', but I don't think it is going to help.

Pat