RE: How to recover a database with missing all online redo logs

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:33:44 -0600

No guarantees but....check out Metalink Note:465478.1 and/or google the init.ora hidden parameter _allow_resetlogs_corruption (note the leading underscore).

hth,
-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Prabhu, Krishnaswamy Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 9:09 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: SOS: How to recover a database with missing all online redo logs

List,

Inadvertently one of our team member dropped all the online redo logs from all the file systems from one of our 1.5 tera bytes test instance. The instance is running on 9208,64 bit on AIX box. We failed when we tried to do simulate an incomplete recovery "recover database using backup control file until cancel;", and try to open the database using open resetlogs, but the recovery command fails with an error ora-01113. Please help us to recover this instance.

Thanks
Prabhu

Planning marriage in 2008! Join Shaadi.com matrimony FREE! Try it now! <http://ss1.richmedia.in/recurl.asp?pid=429>