RE: enq HW - contention waits

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:14:59 -0700 (PDT)

I just saw Bug 6376915 "HW enqueue contention for ASSM LOB segments". I know there're lots of bug reports about HW enqueue and LOB. But this one is specifically about ASSM. It implies HW enqueue for LOB is more easily contended in ASSM. But my test in a 10.2.0.3 database that uses two sessions only produces HW locks when the LOB is in a non-ASSM tablespace, and not in ASSM.

Yong Huang

  • Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is your tablespace ASSM? If not, consider moving the LOB segment to an ASSM
> tablespace because it's more difficult to create HW contention on ASSM.
>
> Yong Huang

Be a better friend, newshound, and