Re: enq HW - contention waits

From: Ravi Gaur <ravigaur1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:10:57 -0500

The table that shows up on the top (by elapsed time) is actually an INSERT into a table that has a BLOB. However it only has 36 rows (22 extents). The extent size is 64k. The system wasn't quite hanging but slow enough for end users. Is it possible that multiple sessions were actually trying to hit the same segment and trying to extend it?

Thanks,
- Ravi