RE: sqlplus scott/tiger@tnsname hangs

From: <krish.hariharan_at_quasardb.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:13:14 -0600

Prasad,

A long shot, and perhaps as a process of elimination:

  1. Do you have any logon triggers (I am not sure personally, if the logon trigger fires before acknowledgement it sent back to the client)
  2. As perhaps a consequence, I wonder if you reached the max sessions per dispatchers and max dispatchers and got blocked

Again a longshot given that things cleared up when you killed the session in the beginning of the queue

-Krish