Re: CPU is 0% idle- Performance issue in 10g database

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <riyaj.shamsudeen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:42:36 -0500

Ann

   This is a wide topic to address in few emails. But, I would tell you a strategy I would use If I were you.

  1. Snap couple of statspack report during peak times, understand where the bottleneck is.
  2. Look at server performance metrics to see if there is any glaring issues or if the performance issues can be attributed to any thinkg.
  3. If you understand business well, find what is slow, trace that process, tkprof and see where time is being spent.
  4. Use other tools such as sesspack.. http://blog.tanelpoder.com/2007/06/24/session-level-statspack/
  5. Since you are on 10.2, you may be able to use ASH.

 That would be a good starting point.

Thanks
Riyaj Shamsudeen
The Pythian Group: http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/shamsudeen Personal: orainternals.wordpress.com