OEM allows only one connection

From: Ben Wittmeier <Ben.Wittmeier_at_gov.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:06:21 -0600

I have a situation where enterprise manager (OEM) opened via 'Launch stand-alone' does not open up connections to more than one database at a time. Specifically, if I have TOAD or sqlplus running already, and then click on the little + symbol next to the db to open it in OEM, it changes to a "connection established" icon, but all the folders underneath it do not open up. If I close all the other non-OEM connections on my machine, OEM will allow the db to open properly, but I cannot then open a 2nd db in OEM at the same time. I can then leave OEM running and make any number of database connections in TOAD or sqlplus without any issues. This problem occurs on 2 PC's (one XP and one windows 2000). I can only ever have one db open in OEM.

Years ago I remember running into a problem where the PC was configured to only allow one db connection through the port or something like that, but I don't think that's what I'm running into here.

Anyone run into this same problem? Any solution?

Thanks,
Ben