RE: lsnrctl passwords

From: Schauss, Peter <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:43:06 -0500

I have seen examples of the second problem. On one of my projects our UNIX sysadmin people had a habbit of trying to save on system installation times by copying the Oracle directory tree to the new server. I had scripts in place which automatically stopped and started the listener when the system rebooted. When the UNIX people bounced the new server, it would shut down the listener on the server that they copied from. Having said that, I am not sure how a password on the listener would prevent this since my shutdown script contained the encrypted password for the listener.

  • Peter Schauss