Fast impdp in 10.2.0.4

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:36:08 -0400

Did anybody try large imports using impdp in 10.2.0.4 yet and noticed a big difference from 10.2.0.3?

My environment is RHEL 4 upgraded from 10.2.0.3 to 10.2.0.4 on SAN RAID 5 disks (don't ask) using veritas filesystems.

I have had a regular data refresh going for some time now and the import time has been reasonably consistent. For example one of the imports has been taking 2.5 hours and another 1 hour and 15 minutes.

This past weekend the longer one took 20 minutes (most of it is a large BLOB) and the other one took 29 minutes.

The only thing that changed was the upgrade.

Anybody else have this experience?

Finn