Re: ASM - hardware mirroring vs. Oracle mirroring

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:09:49 -0400

Krish, I don't think that's possible when your only means of getting data to tape is NetBackup. tar/cpio could not get to the tapes in that particular case.

Steve, you could say that, but as is so often the case, things started out in one way and somewhere down the line circumstances changed necessitating the archival and space had already been provisioned and there was no money for more disk (hence the archiving in the first place).

Finn