Re: FW: Oracle on VMWare - correction to earlier post

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:54:27 +0400

About an year back, I was informed by Oracle that production DB on VMWare is not supported but it is our choice to go for it. However, if an SR is raised, Oracle would request us to simulate the same on a non-vm environment to provide a solution. Though I knew some production setups running Oracle on VM, our Mgmt. decided not to entertain such alternative as we have huge number of databases on Oracle and churn out quite a number of SRs. Any kind of remote hickup could be nasty. Now we are using vmware for other servers. For Oracle servers, we will consider Oracle VM.

I have personally enjoyed working on VMWare. I believe Oracle VM will also be good stuff as it is built on xen-source.

Thanks!
amar