RE: 10.2.0.4 upgrade - How did it go for you?

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:09:58 +0100

Brian,

I have patched my playground RAC cluster (2 node EE) 32bit Enterprise Linux 4 Update 6 without any problems. Following Martin Klier's post I checked for differences in the $ORACLE_HOME/lib and $ORACLE_HOME/bin directories but did not find any (apart from the obvious xxxO files created during linking).

I always prefer to manually upgrade my databases, other posts about an unreliable dbua have always confirmed this.

Personally I like 10.2.0.4 very much, but then again I am not using anything apart from JVM and XMLDB _and_ this has been a playground environment. Also something to keep in mind is that Linux 32bit is probably the most mature platform for patches nowadys.

Hope that helps,

Martin

> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:10:03 -0600
> From: Brian <moabrivers_at_gmail.com>
> Subject: 10.2.0.4 upgrade - How did it go for you?
>
> We are planning on upgrading from 10.2.0.3 (the horrible version) to
> 10.2.0.4 (the blessed version....can you see my hopes hanging high?).
  > I've
> reviewed Metalink Note:555579.1 for the known issues but I would like
> to find out what real experience those of you who have gone through >
> the 10.2.0.4 upgrade have experienced. Ours is a 2-node Linux X86_64
> cluster that utilizes ASM.
>
> We have already upgraded single node test instances without any
issues > to 10.2.0.4 and I haven't seen any problems but I'm interested in the > RAC rollout or other issues we've yet to see.